Wanted to share with you this super simple font gift bag project that you can do in like 10-15 minutes. It can take that plain and boring gift bag into one that steals the spotlight at the party! And it’s totally made with random magazine cutouts, a punch, and scissors! Here’s how you make it!
Magazine Font Gift Bag & Bow
– Plain gift bag (you can get them at Target for 99¢ or dollar stores for 2 for a $1)
– Circle paper punch (mine is 1.5″ x 1.5″)
– old magazines
– Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
– Foam Brush
1. Punch out interesting type from your magazines using a circle punch. I chose to pick type on backgrounds with different colors.
2. Use a foam brush to brush on Tacky Glue to back of circles. Spread on a thin even coat.
3. Space your circles evenly apart in rows on the front of your bag.
4. Optional: Cut out strips of a headline from the magazine for bow. Follow this simple paper bow tutorial to make a bow using the strips. I added an additional small loop in the center of this to complete the look! Glue it onto your packaging with the Tacky Glue!
This is what I call high design impact on the cheap! I love how bold and graphic it turned out!!